The church was built in 1961 and seats about 120 people. The hall (which was the original church) was built in 1910 and is used extensively for a wide range of both church and community activities.
The United Reformed Church results from a union of the Presbyterian Church of England and the Congregational Church in England and Wales in 1972. In introducing the United Reformed Church Bill in the House of Commons on 21 June 1972, Alexander Lyon called it “one of the most historic measures in the history of the Christian churches in this country”
The URC subsequently united with the Re-formed Association of Churches of Christ in 1981 and the Congregational Union of Scotland in 2000. Before the union in 1972, St. Andrew’s was Presbyterian Church of England